Monday, January 23, 2012

WOC #41 Creature Comforts

Happy Monday...wow where does the time go?!  This last week has been a longggg week!  Seeing how it is busy season (AKA Tax Season) at work I pretty much spend all of my time at the office, good thing I really love numbers besides being crafty! ;)  I hope this week goes by much faster (that means we are one week closer to the April 15th deadline....although this year it's April 17th thanks to the government)! LOL!  Also this past week my hubby and I have been busy preparing for the building of our new home.  We met with our architect and now I am even more exciting for our building adventure.....we have an awesome architect! I am so looking forward to the seeing the house plans that are in the works!  My dream home is well on it's way to becoming a reality!  YAY!

Today is another Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge Day!  Yippy! :)  WOW we were so happy to see all of the gorgeous entries during our past challenge!  Just a friendly reminder: In order to qualify for the prize you need to follow the WOCC Rules. Now onto this week's fun.....This week we would LOVE to see your creations featuring ANIMALS!
My card features the beautiful Designing Dreams from the Odds & Ends Sampler by Elisabeth Bell for SCACD.  This was the project that came from the sneak peek that I shared with you all -->here<--.  Papers are from Echo Park's For the Record Collection and Victoria Garden Collection.
Designing Dreams was colored with Copics and pastel pencils.  She was then cut out using a SB Labels 14.  Edges were inked with TH Mustard Seed Distress Ink.  Then edges were blinged out with a Want2Scrap Rhinestone Sticker.....however you can also use WOC Self Adhesive Rhinestones for any edge that you have.  Images was accented with Star Dust Stickles and Illuminate Smooch.

Copic Colors Used: Skin: E000, E00, E11, Hair: Y26, YR24, E25, E33, E53, Shirt: Y21, Y26, Y32, Pants: E71, E74, E77, E79, Kitten: W1, W3, W5, E41, E42, E43, Kitten's Collar: Y21, Y26, Y32, Flower: G28, YG11, YG25, YG67, R81, R83, R85, R89
Metal Decorative Corner Accents were coated with white paint.  I love how easy it is to coat these beauties with any color paint to have them match any creation that you make.
Wild Orchid Crafts arrangement consists of a 40mm Trellis Rose (airbrushed to match card color theme), 25mm Wild Roses, Sweetheart Blossoms, Gypsophilas, 15mm Rose Leaves, Stamens, and a Decorative Crown Pin.  Flowers have been glitzed with Star Dust Stickles.

Now head over to the WOCC Blog and see what the other DT members have created!

♥ Thanks for stopping by! ♥
Photobucket
Pin It

5 comments:

Renkata said...

Hi Lovely Kim,
wow this is such a sweet and cute card dear.
Love the layout.

angelwhispers said...

Kim I love it such a fab design and just love how you have framed this gorgeous coloured image with your gems just super!! Chanelle xx

debby4000 said...

Oh I love you adorable card Kim, its gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Zib said...

I just placed an order and will want to order more on Friday! I am going to be in BIG trouble- these designs are ALL so fantastic . . . and seeing what you do with them makes me want to start stamping immediately!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...