Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sugar Bowl Challenge #1 & BIG NEWS!

At first I didn't think I would be able to play along in the Sugar Bowl Challenge....but then I remembered a few months back Gayle sent me some wonderful Sugar Nellie images to play with! Thank you so much Gayle! I so need to purchase some of these stamps so I can continue to play along. I really wanted to play along with this challenge as the prize is 3 sets of Promarkers! I would so love to get my inky hands on those! :)

This image is called Pickin' Apples. Isn't she just darling?! I had lots of fun coloring her with my Copics, and of course I added some stickles to her bow and hat. Highlights were made with my white gel pen. I used glossy accents on the apples, even though it hard to see it in the picture. Papers are a combinations of Basic Grey Euphoria, Creative Memories, and some scraps from my stash. Of course I had to use my corner punches (if you would like to get some, head on over to Wish On A Scrap)! I really do love them! I got some new spacers the other day, so I had to use one on my flower. Flowers, charm, and ribbon from my stash.
And the finished inside! I really like how the inside of this one turned out! Wish me luck on this challenge...I would LOVE to have some more markers to color with!

Now, for my BIG NEWS:
I'm a CHICK!!!


I got a message the other day from Courtney asking if I would like to be a CBCC (Created By Courtney Chick)! I was so excited that she asked me to design for her challenges, and of course I said YES! I am so excited to be a part of the CBCC team! My offical start date is January 13th....so be on the look out for my CBCC creations!
Thanks again Courtney for asking me to be a part of your team!
***Don't forgot the Wish Challenge is going on and you have until January 11th to get your entry in to win a WOJ stamp!***
And finally, I have a few blog candy alerts for you:
My great buddy Rach is giving away some wonderful candy! Please stop by and say hi to her and check out her stunning creations! This girl is one of my idols her work is amazing!
And Michelle is also giving away some super sweet candy! Stop by and say hi to her and enter to win her fabulous prizes!

33 comments:

Danni said...

Congrats on being a challenge chick!!
Very cute card, adorable image!

Lorie said...

Gorgeous card girl! Glad to have you in the flock! :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats chick!!!!

Rach said...

yay huge congrats Kim on your chick status, can't wait to see what fabulous creations you make....
the card you have posted today is gorgeous, love it from the fabulous colouration to the dangling heart charm...a wonderful card inside and out. thank you hun for the candy mention and for your kind words...good luck. hugs rachxx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OooOOOooo YAY!!! you will make an adorable Chick!
I love your Pickin' Apples card. I just ordered one today, now I cant wait to get mine!

Dani said...

Woo-hoo! Welcome to the Chicks! Glad to have you!

Super cute card, BTW! :)

Lori said...

Congratulations!!! Your card is adorable. Love how you add little charms to your cards.

cats whiskers said...

Wow Chick what great news this is but well deserved your work is fab. Love this card such great colouring and those corner punches are stunning, Have a good evening
big hugs
Jacqui x

Donalda said...

OH this is just so adorable dear. So glad you were able to join in.
And a big congrats on CBCC

Chrissy D said...

Welcome to Chickhood! heehee or is it Peep-peep? LOL Beautiful card. I guess I am gonna have to step it up and decorate the inside. I am SUCH an UNDERACHIEVER. Ohhhh...I thought mailing them out was a good thing for me, now I have to do the inside too?! LOL Hope you have a great night!

TA Carbone said...

Kim I love your challenge. I'm glad I was able to send you to the blog to compete in this challenge. Love the colors you chose, WOW, amazing

TA
http://carbonescorner.blogspot.com

Javablustamper said...

What an AWESOME card Kim!!! I LOVE it!! OF COURSE!!! Congrats on being a CHICK!! You SO deserve it!!! Hope you are well!!

Ann Kranitz said...

Hey Chicky!! (hehe) Congrats on being a new chick. You will rock them with your work!!!

CLHAJNAL said...

WAY TOOOO GOOO!!!! We all already knew you are a super talented chick!

Congrats!

Carrie

Tiets said...

a lovely card!

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Congrats on becoming a Chick. :) Amazing card, love the colors.
x Natasha x

Lilian said...

Congratulations on being a chick :) Love your card - great color scheme and coloring. Thank you for joining the Sugar Bowl. Have a great day!

Sugar Mama said...

Hi Kim or should I say chick???
What a gorgeously sweet card!
Your colouring, as always, is amazing!
Thanks so much for joining the first challenge from The Sugar Bowl!
Happy New Year
Sugar Mama x (Gayle)

Gill said...

Gorgeous card Kim, love the colours and your colouring is fab, congrats on becoming a 'chick', well done hun
hugs Gill x

stampingtink said...

Great card! I love this stamp and you did such a beautiful job with her! Love the charm and the flower is too cute! Congrats on being a chick! I'm trying to do more challenges this year so I'll be visiting and playing along! Great work!
Hugs to you,

Susan

Moni said...

Congrats chick! Gorgeous card, love the image and the colours! Hugs, moni

Courtney said...

How fun is this card??? And it's purple, my favorite color! Um, yea... even though I hardly ever pick it up... hmmmm... maybe I should!

And...

WELCOME TO THE CHICK CLICK! LOL! I'm so excited and can't wait to see what you come up with for this next challenge... it's a doozy! ha!

Angélique said...

Congrats on being a "chick".
Love your cards

Lynsey said...

Kim your card is stunning! I love the image its one of my favs! Well done on your DT place, I will have to check that blog out!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Lynsey said...

Kim your card is stunning! I love the image its one of my favs! Well done on your DT place, I will have to check that blog out!
Hugs Lynsey:)

Kathy said...

Pretty card!! Your interpretation of the sketch is wonderful ~ so full of detail!! Thanks so much for playing along and I hope you get some soon so you can play along all the time!! Fabulous card :)Kathy

Bev said...

Woohoo, fabby news "Chick"!! Way to go hun. Looking forward to seeing your creations.

Love this card - oooh the colours are so delish!

hugs Bev x

Candy said...

What awesome news, Kim!
congratulations on being a Challenge Chick! You will be so wonderful - can harldy wait until you start.
Looks like this new year is starting out just great for you!
Hugs -

Janneke said...

Wow Kim, that's awesome news ;)

Congratulations :D

Hugs, Janneke

Sarah said...

Congrats on becoming a chick...can't wait to see what you come up with!! Love the adorable card too!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Fabulous news Kim :) Your work is just adorable & they are so lucky to have your on their team! Have fun, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news!!!`chick`..Your card is gorgeous Kim:)~X~

Aija said...

Congratulations my dear friend! I am not suprised at all that you were asked, you do so stunning work.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs,
Aija

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...